Zilliqa is a high-performance, scalable blockchain platform that utilizes sharding technology to enable high-throughput, low-latency transactions and smart contract execution. It is designed to address the scalability issues of traditional blockchain platforms, making it suitable for applications that require high performance, security, and privacy. Zilliqa's native cryptocurrency is ZIL, which is used for transaction fees, staking, and governance on the network.
About $ZIL token
ZIL is the native utility token of the Zilliqa blockchain, which is designed to facilitate high-throughput, low-latency, and secure smart contract execution. The ZIL token is used to pay for transaction fees, network upgrades, and incentivize miners to secure the network. It can also be used to participate in token sales, staking, and voting on governance proposals. The ZIL token is ERC-20 compatible, meaning it can be stored in any Ethereum wallet that supports ERC-20 tokens.
How to buy $ZIL with a payment card
1. Enter the amount of $ZIL and fiat currency that you wish to purchase.
2. Verify your phone and email.
3. Enter or create $ZIL wallet
You are given the option to enter your $ZIL wallet address or create one using the Swipelux widget.
4. Pass KYC flow
This verification process helps protect you from fraud and other malicious activities.
5. You're now ready to buy $ZIL with a credit and debit card.
Market Position and Adoption: Zilliqa (ZIL) is a platform for decentralized applications (dApps) that aims to scale with high throughput and low fees. It has gained popularity in the blockchain community as a solution to Ethereum's scalability issues. ZIL has a current rank of #83 among cryptocurrencies, with 395,345 watchlists on CoinMarketCap. The platform has several dApps built on it, including games, exchanges, and DeFi applications. Zilliqa has a market cap of $553,374,588 and a circulating supply of 15,867,699,447 ZIL.
Technology and Platform: Zilliqa's platform is built on a sharding architecture that enables high throughput, meaning it can process more transactions per second than Ethereum. The platform uses a consensus mechanism called Practical Byzantine Fault Tolerance (PBFT) that helps to ensure security and decentralization. ZIL is also compatible with Ethereum-based smart contracts, allowing developers to easily port their dApps onto the platform. Zilliqa is mineable, and users can earn ZIL by participating in the platform's mining process.
Team: Zilliqa's team consists of experienced professionals with backgrounds in computer science, cryptography, and finance. The team is led by CEO Xinshu Dong, who has a PhD in computer science from the National University of Singapore. Zilliqa's advisors include blockchain industry veterans such as Loi Luu, the CEO and co-founder of Kyber Network, and Alexander Lipton, a renowned mathematician and blockchain expert.
Competition: Zilliqa's main competitors in the blockchain space are other platforms that offer high throughput and low fees, such as Ethereum 2.0, Polkadot, and Binance Smart Chain. These platforms are also aiming to address the scalability issues of blockchain technology and attract developers to build on their platforms. Zilliqa's unique selling proposition is its sharding architecture, which it claims enables it to scale better than its competitors.
Supply: Zilliqa has a total supply of 17,217,653,685 ZIL, with a circulating supply of 15,867,699,447 ZIL. The maximum supply of ZIL is 21 billion. The platform rewards miners with ZIL for participating in the mining process, and these newly minted tokens enter circulation. The circulating supply of ZIL is expected to increase gradually as more users adopt the platform and participate in the mining process.
1. Platform Risk: Zilliqa is still a relatively new platform, and it may face issues and bugs as it scales up, which could impact the security and functionality of smart contracts and other applications built on it.
2. Competition Risk: Zilliqa operates in a highly competitive market, with many other blockchain platforms vying for market share. If other platforms gain more adoption or offer better features, Zilliqa may struggle to maintain its position.
3. Regulatory Risk: The regulatory environment for cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology is still evolving, and there is a risk that new regulations or restrictions could be imposed that negatively impact the value and adoption of ZIL token.
4. Liquidity Risk: ZIL token may face liquidity risks if trading volume on exchanges is low, making it difficult for investors to buy or sell at favorable prices.
5. Adoption Risk: Despite its potential benefits, Zilliqa's adoption may not grow as quickly as expected, potentially leading to a decrease in demand for ZIL token.
6. Security Risk: Any blockchain-based platform is vulnerable to cyber attacks, which could result in the loss or theft of ZIL tokens held by investors or the disruption of the Zilliqa network.
Potential market development triggers
Adoption by Enterprise-level Clients: If Zilliqa can attract large enterprise-level clients to use its blockchain platform, it could lead to increased demand for the ZIL token as a means of payment for services rendered.
Expansion of Zilliqa Ecosystem: If the Zilliqa team can expand the Zilliqa ecosystem and increase the number of decentralized applications (dApps) and smart contracts built on its blockchain platform, it could lead to increased demand for the ZIL token.
Partnerships with Established Companies: Zilliqa could benefit from forming partnerships with established companies, especially those in the fintech and payments industry, to create new use cases for its blockchain technology and increase demand for the ZIL token.
Integration with DeFi Ecosystem: As decentralized finance (DeFi) continues to grow, Zilliqa could benefit from integrating with other DeFi protocols and platforms, leading to increased demand for the ZIL token as a means of payment and governance.
Increase in User Adoption: As more users begin to use Zilliqa blockchain platform and the associated dApps and services, there could be an increase in demand for the ZIL token as users would require it to pay transaction fees and access certain features of the platform.
Positive Regulatory Developments: If there are positive regulatory developments that enable the growth of the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry, this could lead to increased adoption of Zilliqa and its associated token, the ZIL.