About $SPS Token:
Splinterlands is a digital, collectible card game based on blockchain technology and inspired by games like Magic the Gathering and Hearthstone, where players build a collection of cards with different attributes and battle other players in skills-based matches. It is a game where players can buy, sell and trade their digital assets just as they would with physical trading cards games such as Magic the Gathering, Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh!
Splinterlands was created as players lost the ability to truly own their assets (or trading cards) once games went digital. With blockchain technology, it allows players to own and trade their digital assets freely once again. It also allows the game to have true scarcity and transparency, which means all cards on Splinterlands have a verifiable supply and historical record.
Players battle other players by choosing ranked or practice battles. With ranked battles, players can increase their rating. There is no downside to playing ranked battles as a beginner since players with a rating below 100 do not lose ranking points. Battles take place between players of similar strength. When matched up with an opponent, both players choose a set of six monster cards and one summoner card for the battle to destroy all their opponent’s monster cards and win the battle.
Although the game is free-to-play, players need to purchase the summoner’s spellbook for $10 if they want to unlock the game in full. With the summoner’s spellbook, players get access to their account keys and unlock the ability to earn Dark Energy Crystals, which can be redeemed for real currency.
Splinterlands started in May 2018 and launched Splintershards (SPS) – its governance token for the SPS decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) at the end of July 2021. It concluded a $3.6M private token sale for 6.6% of the SPS token supply. After reaching 100,000 players in its first three years, it added another 50,000 in just over a month from June 2021. Splinterland plans to build out its game in the latter half of 2021, with oracle integration planned for Q1 2022.
How to buy $SPS with a payment card
1. Enter the amount of $SPS and fiat currency that you wish to purchase.
2. Verify your phone and email.
3. Enter or create $SPS wallet
You are given the option to enter your $SPS wallet address or create one using the Swipelux widget.
4. Pass KYC flow
This verification process helps protect you from fraud and other malicious activities.
5. You're now ready to buy $SPS with a credit and debit card.
Market Position and Adoption: Splinterlands has secured a notable market position within the realm of blockchain-based collectible card games. Drawing inspiration from renowned games like Magic the Gathering and Hearthstone, Splinterlands introduces a fresh dimension by integrating blockchain technology. This technology empowers players to truly own and trade their digital assets, reinstating the concept of asset ownership that had been relinquished with the digital transition of games. The platform embraces authentic scarcity and transparency, attributing verifiable supply and historical data to all cards. With a focus on trading and battling digital cards, Splinterlands fills the gap left by digitalization in the realm of true asset ownership.
Technology and Platform: Splinterlands operates on a sophisticated blockchain-based platform that underpins its unique card game ecosystem. This platform leverages the decentralized nature of blockchain to provide players with the opportunity to genuinely possess and exchange their in-game assets. This innovation ensures that cards' value and scarcity are established through blockchain records. Players can engage in battles, combining six monster cards and a summoner card to compete against opponents. Additionally, the platform introduced the Splintershards (SPS) governance token, granting players a role in the platform's decision-making process through decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) mechanisms.
Team: The team behind Splinterlands comprises dedicated professionals driven by a passion for both blockchain technology and gaming. Their collective expertise spans across various domains, including blockchain development, game design, and community management. This multifaceted team is united by their vision to create a vibrant and user-centric ecosystem for gamers, where true asset ownership and strategic gameplay converge.
Competition: Within the landscape of blockchain-based gaming, Splinterlands faces competition from various projects seeking to establish their own unique presence. While Splinterlands stands out with its emphasis on asset ownership and strategic gameplay, it operates within an evolving ecosystem where competition drives innovation. By offering distinct features and continually refining its offerings, Splinterlands aims to maintain its position as a leading player in the blockchain gaming sphere.
Supply: The Splintershards (SPS) token, essential to the Splinterlands ecosystem, has a structured supply. Currently, there are 1,046,695,401 SPS tokens in circulation, out of a total supply of 1,158,047,811 tokens. This controlled supply enhances the token's value proposition and ensures that it is aligned with the platform's goals and growth trajectory. Additionally, the governance mechanisms associated with SPS enable the community to play an active role in the platform's future development and decisions.
1. Market Volatility: The value of SPS tokens and other cryptocurrencies can be extremely volatile, leading to substantial price fluctuations within short periods. Investors in SPS may be exposed to significant financial losses due to market volatility.
2. Regulatory Uncertainty: The regulatory landscape for cryptocurrencies and tokens is still evolving in many jurisdictions. Regulatory changes or government actions could impact the legality, trading, and value of SPS tokens, potentially leading to disruptions or limitations in their usage.
3. Competition and Adoption: The blockchain and gaming sectors are highly competitive, with new projects emerging regularly. If Splinterlands faces challenges in maintaining user engagement, acquiring new players, or standing out in the market, it could impact the demand for SPS tokens.
4. Technology Risks: As with any blockchain-based platform, Splinterlands is susceptible to technological risks such as software bugs, vulnerabilities, and cyberattacks. These risks could lead to disruptions, loss of assets, or breaches of security, potentially affecting the confidence of users and investors.
5. Market Perception: The perception of Splinterlands' game mechanics, community engagement, and overall value proposition can influence the demand for SPS tokens. Negative sentiment or controversies surrounding the platform could lead to reduced adoption and token value.
6. Liquidity Concerns: The liquidity of SPS tokens on exchanges can impact the ease of buying or selling tokens. Limited liquidity may result in wider spreads between bid and ask prices, making it challenging for investors to enter or exit positions without affecting the market price.
7. Dependency on Ethereum and Binance Smart Chain: Splinterlands is built on platforms like Ethereum and Binance Smart Chain. Any issues with these platforms, such as congestion, scalability problems, or changes in network protocol, could indirectly affect Splinterlands' operations and the usability of SPS tokens.
8. Regulatory and Legal Challenges: Changes in laws and regulations, both within the blockchain and gaming industries, could create legal challenges for Splinterlands and its tokens. This includes potential disputes over token classification, taxation, and user rights.
9. Gaming Industry Dynamics: The success of SPS tokens may be influenced by broader trends in the gaming industry. Shifts in player preferences, competition from traditional gaming platforms, or the emergence of new gaming technologies could impact Splinterlands' user base and token demand.
10. Token Supply and Distribution: The distribution of SPS tokens, including holdings by early investors, team members, and stakeholders, could impact the governance and decision-making processes of the platform. Imbalances in token distribution may affect community trust and participation.