About Ocean Protocol
Ocean Protocol is an open-source decentralized protocol that provides a secure and transparent platform for data sharing and exchange. The protocol enables data owners to monetize their data by selling access to it through a marketplace, while also ensuring that the data remains secure and under the control of its owner. The marketplace is built on a blockchain infrastructure, which makes it tamper-proof and resistant to hacking or other malicious activities. Ocean Protocol allows for the creation of data-driven applications and services, which can help solve various data-related problems in various industries such as healthcare, finance, and more. It supports the development of data-driven products and services by providing the infrastructure for data storage, sharing, and monetization.
About $OCEAN token
Ocean Protocol's native cryptocurrency is the OCEAN token. It is an ERC-20 token built on the Ethereum blockchain and is used as a means of exchange within the Ocean Protocol ecosystem. The OCEAN token is also used as a governance token, allowing its holders to vote on key decisions that affect the protocol. The token is designed to incentivize users to contribute data, algorithms, and storage to the network, and it provides access to a variety of data services on the platform. The token has a total supply of 10 billion, and it is traded on various cryptocurrency exchanges.
How to buy $OCEAN with a payment card
1. Enter the amount of $OCEAN and fiat currency that you wish to purchase.
2. Verify your phone and email.
3. Enter or create $OCEAN wallet
You are given the option to enter your $OCEAN wallet address or create one using the Swipelux widget.
4. Pass KYC flow
This verification process helps protect you from fraud and other malicious activities.
5. You're now ready to buy $OCEAN with a credit and debit card.
1. Market position and adoption:Ocean Protocol is ranked #131 by market capitalization, with a current market cap of $253,216,564. The 24-hour trading volume for OCEAN is $67,721,751.
2. Technology and Platform: Ocean Protocol is a decentralized data exchange platform that aims to provide a secure and transparent marketplace for data sharing. It is built on blockchain technology and aims to address the challenges of data privacy and data ownership.
3. Team: The team behind Ocean Protocol is comprised of experienced professionals in the fields of blockchain, data management, and software development.
4. Competition: Ocean Protocol faces competition from other decentralized data exchange platforms and data marketplaces, such as DataBroker DAO and IOTA.
5. Supply: The circulating supply of Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) is 613,099,141 tokens out of a total supply of 1,410,000,000. The maximum supply of OCEAN tokens is capped at 1,410,000,000.
1. Competition: Ocean Protocol faces competition from established players in the decentralized data marketplace space, as well as new entrants, which may impact its adoption and success.
2. Regulatory Risks: Cryptocurrencies and tokens like OCEAN are subject to regulatory risks, which may impact the token's value and market adoption.
3. Technology Risks: Ocean Protocol is based on blockchain technology and there is always a risk of technical failures, security breaches, and hacking incidents.
4. Adoption Risks: The success of Ocean Protocol and its token (OCEAN) depends on the adoption and use of its platform, which may not be guaranteed.
5. Liquidity Risks: The OCEAN token may be subject to low liquidity and price volatility, which can lead to difficulties in buying or selling the token.
6. Market Risks: The cryptocurrency market is highly speculative and subject to significant fluctuations, which may result in the loss of value for OCEAN token holders.
7. Team Risks: The success of Ocean Protocol is heavily dependent on the skills and performance of its development team, which may not be guaranteed.
Potential market development triggers
1. Adoption and integration of the Ocean Protocol by various industries, such as healthcare, finance, or supply chain management.
2. Expansion of the Ocean ecosystem through strategic partnerships and collaborations with key players in the data and technology space. Ocean Protocol has collaborated with various organizations and companies in the tech industry, including Microsoft, Accenture, and Huawei. Some of the products that already use the OCEAN token include Tidal, a data exchange platform for the financial services industry, and Marine, a platform for data sharing and monetization.
3. Development and launch of new use cases and decentralized applications (dApps) on the Ocean Protocol, demonstrating the platform's versatility and potential to solve real-world problems.
4.Growth of the Ocean token community, including increased interest from developers, investors, and data providers: the token has been mentioned and covered by media outlets such as Forbes, TechCrunch, and Coindesk.
5. Improved liquidity and market accessibility for OCEAN, such as listing on more exchanges or the implementation of staking and liquidity incentives.
6. Progress in the implementation of data privacy and security measures, ensuring the protection of sensitive data on the Ocean Protocol.
7. Increased demand for data sharing and exchange, driven by the growing trend of decentralized technologies and the need for secure and transparent data solutions.