Holo is a distributed peer-to-peer platform that enables users to create and host decentralized applications (dApps) on a secure and scalable network, using Holochain technology. The Holo network is designed to allow for efficient and cost-effective hosting of dApps, while enabling seamless interaction between users and developers. The platform leverages a unique agent-centric approach to data storage and processing, which allows for greater privacy and security compared to traditional blockchain solutions. Additionally, Holo has its own native token, HOT, which is used as the primary means of exchange within the ecosystem.
About $HOT token
$HOT is the native cryptocurrency token of the Holo network, an ecosystem that allows for hosting of decentralized applications (dApps) using peer-to-peer (P2P) networking and computing. Holo provides an infrastructure that enables developers to create and deploy dApps on the Holo network, using the power of distributed computing to provide a scalable and efficient hosting solution. The Holo ecosystem includes the HoloPort, which is a piece of hardware that allows individuals to host dApps and earn HOT tokens as a reward for their contributions to the network.
The HOT token serves multiple functions within the Holo ecosystem, including being used as a means of payment for hosting dApps, staking as collateral for the right to host dApps, and as a reward for those who contribute computing resources to the network. Additionally, the HOT token can be used to purchase goods and services on the Holo platform and is tradable on various cryptocurrency exchanges. As a result, the demand for HOT tokens is driven by the growth and adoption of the Holo ecosystem and its underlying technology.
How to buy $HOT with a payment card
1. Enter the amount of $HOT and fiat currency that you wish to purchase.
2. Verify your phone and email.
3. Enter or create $HOT wallet
You are given the option to enter your $HOT wallet address or create one using the Swipelux widget.
4. Pass KYC flow
This verification process helps protect you from fraud and other malicious activities.
5. You're now ready to buy $HOT with a credit and debit card.
1. Market Position and Adoption: Holo (HOT) is a token that powers the decentralized cloud computing platform Holo. Holo aims to provide a more efficient and affordable alternative to centralized cloud computing by allowing users to rent out their spare computing power to others in a peer-to-peer network. The platform has been gaining traction in the market, and as of now, Holo ranks at #115 on CoinMarketCap with a market capitalization of over $354 million. The token is currently held on 367,319 watchlists and is actively traded on various exchanges.
2. Technology and Platform: Holo's platform is based on Holochain, a post-blockchain technology that allows for fast and scalable distributed applications. Holochain operates on a peer-to-peer network that enables users to build and run decentralized applications (dApps) without relying on a central authority or blockchain. This technology allows for more flexibility and customization of applications while also reducing the need for energy-intensive mining.
3. Team: The Holo team is made up of experienced professionals in the fields of software development, distributed systems, and blockchain technology. The team is led by David Atkinson, who has over 25 years of experience in software development and is also the founder of Holochain. The team also includes other notable members, including Eric Harris-Braun, Art Brock, and Mary Camacho.
4. Competition: Holo's main competitors in the decentralized cloud computing market include Golem (GLM) and iExec (RLC). Both of these platforms utilize a similar model to Holo, allowing users to rent out their unused computing power in exchange for tokens. However, Holo differentiates itself by utilizing Holochain technology, which allows for faster and more flexible dApp development.
5. Supply: The total supply of Holo (HOT) tokens is 177,619,433,541 HOT, with the circulating supply being 173,342,974,127 HOT. The token has no maximum supply. As with most cryptocurrencies, the supply of HOT tokens can have an impact on the token's price and market performance. It is important to note that the Holo platform also allows for the creation of other tokens, which can also impact the overall supply and demand dynamics of the Holo ecosystem.
1. Market volatility: As with any cryptocurrency, the price of HOT can be highly volatile, subject to fluctuations in the wider cryptocurrency market.
2. Regulatory risks: The regulatory environment around cryptocurrencies is still uncertain in many jurisdictions. Changes in laws and regulations could adversely impact the adoption and value of HOT.
3. Technological risks: The Holo platform is still in development, and there is a risk that it may not meet its stated objectives. Additionally, technological failures, hacks or attacks could harm the network's security and reputation.
4. Competition risks: There are many other platforms that offer similar services to Holo, and they may attract users and developers away from the Holo platform.
5. Adoption risks: The success of Holo and HOT is dependent on widespread adoption. If the platform does not gain significant user or developer adoption, it may struggle to achieve its goals.
6. Liquidity risks: As a relatively low market capitalization cryptocurrency, HOT may be subject to low trading volumes, which can impact liquidity and make it difficult for investors to buy or sell at desired prices.
7. Centralization risks: The Holo platform uses a unique consensus mechanism called "agent-centric" rather than the more decentralized model used by other blockchains. This introduces potential centralization risks and could impact trust in the network.
Potential market development triggers
1. Adoption by decentralized applications (dApps): As more dApps are built on Holo's platform, there will be an increased demand for HOT tokens to pay for hosting services and other network-related fees.
2. Partnership with established companies: Collaborations with established companies in the tech industry could potentially increase awareness and adoption of Holo's platform, leading to increased demand for HOT tokens.
3. Regulatory clarity: Regulatory clarity in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry could help increase confidence and investment in Holo's platform, potentially leading to increased demand for HOT tokens.
4. Integration with other blockchain networks: Integrating Holo's platform with other blockchain networks could expand its reach and increase demand for HOT tokens. Increased usability: If Holo's platform becomes more user-friendly and accessible to the average person, this could lead to increased adoption and demand for HOT tokens.